Tuesday, March 21, 2006

3 months later, well it is about time I started blogging again, havent been out in so long it wasnt even funny, got laid off my job in january and started my new job 2 weeks later on Feb 1st, My new shift is somewhat awkward as I work 3pm to 11pm my Friday nights at the Dam are basically shot, I guess it will be easier in the summer as it wont get dark until 9 ish which should be good.

I finally got my scope out last night and sat and waited while it cooled down, we had a cold front go through last night and the temperatures just kept dropping, I set up around midnight and made myself some coffee.

The target tonight was Jupiter the king of the sky, I had yet to take a picture of Jupiter with my new camera and was eager to see the results, I was able to take 2 pictures which came out ok but not great, the seeing was good at times but the wind added a bunch of movement to the scope so that the camera images were somewhat blurry around the edge.

I will upload the pictures when I get home tonight.

I plan to take my scope out again as the wind should be between 5 and 10mph instead of 20+ last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home